Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission is to meet the needs of customers by creating an inviting space for community, conversation and books.
Lark & Owl Booksellers will create a diverse and inspirational, community-focused experience built on open communication, respect, encouragement and inclusivity through books and conversation.
Lark & Owl Booksellers is looking for a Book Buyer who will be selecting and ordering books to be sold in the store, in a way that furthers our vision for a bookstore/retail/bistro experience that revolves around community, conversation, and books.
$17 to $20 per hour, for 30 or more hours per week
L&O is a feisty start-up, committed to expressing our values through how we treat our team members. We hope to grow our compensation options for our employees within the first few years, but for now, we have to opt for creativity. L&O provides the following compensation perks to our team members:
Job Description: This is a full-time position based out of our brand new Stanley Marketplace location (estimated open Memorial Day – early June) that will focus on children’s literature and family-friendly event programming. The position will be 40 hours per week onsite and the starting pay is: $18.42/hour. A person who loves books for ages up to mid-grade kids, working in a family friendly environment, and contributing to and hosting events for children and their families will thrive in this position.
The Stanley Marketplace Store Manager will:
● Oversee and manage all facets of store operations — scheduling, staffing, customer service, inventory mix — for a 1,400 sq ft children’s bookstore.
● Work with the general management team to communicate and implement policies, procedures, promotions, etc., to help make the store a success.
● Work with the VP Of Ops to own the bookstore’s profit and loss statement, including growing sales and controlling payroll expenses.
● Have a thorough understanding of all facets of the role of bookseller, and manage the team of on site booksellers to perform those functions to meet TC standards.
● Develop a familiarity with inventory to be able to guide staff and serve customers in a positive manner.
● Provide a thoughtful and creative merchandising approach, and implement merchandising strategies set by the buying, marketing, and general management teams.
● Help contribute to the development and execution of store specific programming.
What you’ll love about this job:
● Working in a book store that caters to the diverse needs and interests of children and their families.
● Showcasing, arranging, and selling books and merchandise that are curated to enrich kids’ lives.
● Participating in numerous family friendly events and programming throughout the year.
● Playing a big part in the opening of a new location including contributing to the planning, layout, and initial hiring stages.
● Varied health benefits options: employer subsidized HMO and HD health plans, dental, vision, PTO, and 401K options for full and part time.
What we’ll love about you:
● You have a strong track record of bookselling and excellent customer service.
● You have knowledge of or strong interest in children’s books and programming.
● You have a ton of ideas of how to engage with a community around kid-focused events, merchandising, sales, and experiences.
● You work well independently and as part of a team; while you bring your own ideas and innovations you are also happy to have the direction and help of the buying team, events and marketing teams, and your staff.
Established in 1971, Tattered Cover Book Store is one of America’s premier independent bookstores, a Denver institution, a community gathering place, and an experience you can’t download. Tattered Cover is a locally-owned business with an unwavering commitment to the customer and the community, with four unique stores in metro Denver, and three satellite stores at Denver International Airport. Each location offers personal service, a large, well-curated selection of new and used books, an extensive newsstand, and gifts. Tattered Cover hosts more than 600 authors, illustrators, public figures, community events, book festivals and schools annually. Tattered Cover Book Store is an Equal Employment Opportunity.