Open to independent, privately-owned businesses whose primary source of income is derived from the retail sale of books and other printed materials.
Stores operating in our region (Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming) are voting members and are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors. Bookstores outside of our region are welcome and entitled to all other membership benefits.
Benefits of Membership
- Access to educational and operational grants and support for your store and booksellers.
- FREE participation in the MPIBA Holiday Marketing program.
- Bookstore listing on mountainsplains.org, and readingthewest.com (consumer facing) websites.
- FREE admission to FallCon (trade show & conference), our SpringCon events, and other networking and educational opportunities. Now both virtual and sometime soon, in-person.
- Participation in the Reading the West consumer facing marketing program, which includes the Reading the West Book Awards, and other marketing opportunities.
- Access to E-newsletters and blasts that keep members up to date on association matters, critical industry news, and exciting new titles.
- Access to Independent Bookstore Day participation (stores must belong to the ABA and their regional association to participate).
- Access to the Mosaic Community for BIPOC bookstores and booksellers.
- Social media promotion and support for your store and the industry.
- Advocacy on behalf of indie stores.
- Direct access to a strong bookselling community.
- And more!
- 1 to 5 employees – $50.00
- 6 to 20 employees – $100.00
- 21 to 50 employees – $125.00
- 51 to 100 employees – $175.00
- 101+ employees – $200.00